Name: David C. Nolte
Party: Republican since 1961
Contact Info: David Nolte (772) 633-0251, (772) 226-1480
How long living in Indian River County: Property owner and taxpayer since 1974
Place of Birth: Queens, New York
Occupation: Indian River County Property Appraiser
Family: Wife, Michele (long time director, treasurer, and president of the Indian River County Blood Bank, and two year president of the Republican Women’s Club); Sons, Christian and David; Daughter, Gretchen; seven grandchildren; son, Michael went to be with the Lord in 2007.
Please list Civic and Volunteer Leadership Experience including title & position and Organization including dates and locations.
- Advisory Board IRC Salvation Army since 1987
- Rotary Club of Vero Beach since 2010
- Ducks Unlimited (local chapter) committeeman since 1983, Chairperson 2002 through 2009, Life Sponsor since 2008
- Treasurer IRC Republican Executive Committee since 2009, committee member or alternate since 1974.
- Founder of the Men’s Republican Club and member since 1984, President 1985
- Florida Association of Property Appraisers, member since 1990 director five terms and President 1998.
- Florida Chapter of the International Association of Assessing Officers Founder and member since 1989.
- Benefactor and Golden Eagle Member of the National Rifle Association since 1969
- Christ united Methodist Church, member since 1974, President Methodist men 1976, Chair Board of Trustees 1995 through 1998.
- American Security Council, Washington D. C. Director since 2010 “Promoting Pease through Strength”
- International Association of Assessing Officers member since 1981 awarded “Member of the Year” 1989. Served on various committees over the years.
- Humane Society of IRC, Director 2003 to 2006
- City of Vero Beach, Chair Finance Committee, and member of the Board of Adjustment and Appeals 1976 to 1978
- Kids Krusade Inc. dba Life for Youth Camp, director 1993 to 2008
- The 100 Club Director six years and President 2003
- Christian Businessmen’s Committee (CBMC) member and Treasurer 1994 to 2004
- Kiwanis Club of Vero Beach, member 1974 to 2009, Secretary 7 years, president 1989 Awarded the “Hixon” award the highest honor in Kiwanis 2004
- American Cancer Society, Chair “Bike-a-thon” drive in July 1974
- Barrier Island Coalition awarded “Outstanding Citizen Award” in 2008
What issues motivated you to run for this office and what do you hope to accomplish during your term?
Your Property Appraisers office has earned a reputation for excellent service to the public. My goal is to continue this record of excellence and serve the public for another four years. Our motto “We are here to serve you” is a way of life in your Property Appraisers office!
Why do you feel qualified for this position?
31+ years of doing the job right! 32 tax rolls approved by the DOR and the taxpayer without a problem.
BA in Government and Public Administration, senior appraisal designations ASA & CFA over 900 hours of continuing education.
Smallest budget increase in good times and largest decrease in current times.
Over the years I have assembled a staff of highly educated and dedicated public servants to serve you the taxpayer. Stop in, let us show you what we do, I think you will be impressed
Proven Professional Performance.
What, if any, changes would you make to how the Property Appraiser’s Office would be run and operated?
Right now new software is being written to update our procedures and allow us to operate more efficiently. This is a continuing process as we have constantly moved to improve our workflow, and keep up with the latest managerial thinking.
The Florida Legislature changes the tax law every time it meets, and new and better ways of doing things are always being devised.
My goal is to continue to operate the most efficient and taxpayer friendly office in government.