Man severely burned from hot oil while cooking

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A man in his 20’s was flown to a burn center after he suffered first-degree burns from hot oil while cooking, fire rescue crews said.

Indian River County Fire Rescue crews responded to the incident about noon Sunday at a home in the 2600 block of 20th Street, Battalion Chief Kyle Kofke said. The man suffered severe burns to the right side of his body, Kofke said.

The man was flown to a burn center for treatment, Kofke said. The name of the center was not immediately available.

No further details were available.

Related Articles

Comments are closed.