VERO BEACH — The Indian River Photo Club is inviting entries into its 2011 Photographic Print Exhibit, which will be displayed in the Studio Gallery at the Vero Beach Museum of Art, from Saturday, December 4 to Sunday, January 2. Entry is open to anyone residing in Indian River, Brevard or St. Lucie County, amateur or professional, and to any member of the Indian River Photo Club, regardless of residence address. Because of space limitations in the Studio Gallery, this will be a juried exhibit.
Intake Date: Monday, November 29 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Vero Beach Museum of Art
People: Posed or candid, portraits or groups
Nature: Nature is split into two categories. Evidence of human influence will be allowed, but the subject should be primarily natural.
Flora- Flowers, plants, etc.
Fauna- Animals, birds, etc.
Still Life: Arrangements, natural or man-made, of inanimate objects
Scapes: Landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes
Special Technique: Out of the ordinary techniques, digitally altered images of any subject.*
Open: Abstracts and images that don’t fit the other categories.
* The Special Technique category applies to both film and digital images. It shall include any image that has been substantially altered from its original form using digital image editing techniques. Substantial alteration includes such actions as: printing with multiple layers, adding, removing or rearranging elements of the picture, use of digital filters that alter the texture of the image, color substitution, etc.. Images that incorporate double exposure, time lapse, hand tinting, etc., should be entered in this category.
Special Techniques does not include normal imaging processing by digital means, such as cropping, dodging, burning, or contrast or density control. Photographs that are captured with a digital camera or film images that have been printed using a computer and printer are not considered differently than film images that may have been processed in conventional darkroom techniques, unless they have been substantially altered as described above.
• Prints must have been made in 2008 to 2010.
• Prints may have been made from an earlier image.
• The Photographer’s name should not be displayed on the front of their picture.
• Pictures must be the work of the entering photographer, except that a photographer may enter prints made, mounted or framed by another person, from the entering photographer’s image.
• Traditional prints must be framed, under glass and wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers will be accepted. The only exception to this is if a photo is printed on canvas, it is not required to be under glass. When printed on canvas, a “gallery wrap” format is acceptable. Gallery wraps must still be wired for hanging.
• Minimum photo size – 8″ x 10″
• Maximum picture size – 30″x 30″ frame dimensions
• The original image of a Special Technique or digitally altered submission must be affixed to the back of the submitted photograph.
• Pictures must be marked on the back as follows:
Photographer’s name and phone number
Pictures selected for the Exhibit may not be removed before January 2, and must be picked up between 10 am and 3 pm on Monday, January 3. If your entry(s) were not accepted, you will be contacted Nov. 29 or Nov.30.
$10 per print. Indian River Photo Club members get one free entry.
Limit of three (3) total entries by an individual. No refund for entries, whether juried in or out.
Entry forms will be available at intake on November 29.
Entries to be displayed will be selected by a three-person jury. Judging for awards will be by the same jury.
Ribbons will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in each category. Prize winning photographs will be published in Vero Beach Magazine and a press release sent to local newspapers.