No injuries after propane leak at VBHS

PHOTO BY NICK SAMUEL

VERO BEACH — No injuries were reported after a propane gas leak at Vero Beach High School that led students to be briefly evacuated, sheriff’s officials said.

Indian River County sheriff’s officials responded to reports of a leak in building 2 about 12:30 p.m. Thursday, spokesperson Debbie Carson said. The smell of propane gas lingered throughout the facility.

Students in building 2 were evacuated to the Vero Beach Performing Arts Center, Carson said.

Several Indian River County Fire Rescue trucks, AmeriGas and Como Oil & Propane responded to the scene. AmeriGas fixed the leak by 2 p.m., sheriff’s officials said.

Photos by Nick Samuel

This story will be updated. 

Related Articles

Leave a Comment