9-year-old boy burned while playing with gasoline, fire crews say

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — A 9-year-old boy suffered third-degree burns while playing with gasoline at a home Sunday, fire rescue crews said.

The boy had burns to at least eight percent of his body, Indian River County Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Joe Kovaleski said. Kovaleski said the child has serious, but non-life threatening injuries.

Fire rescue crews responded to the incident about 7 p.m. at the residence in the 200 block of 12th Street Southwest, west of U.S. 1 and south of Oslo Road. It was unclear where at the home the boy got access to the flammable liquid or if an adult was present.

The boy was flown to Orlando Health Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children, Kovaleski said. The incident remains under investigation.

Related Articles

Comments are closed.