The White House Coronavirus Task Force has scheduled a briefing for 5 p.m. Tuesday, during which federal officials are expected to make major announcements about the COVID-19 situation.
Medical experts serving on the task force are expected to present the results of data analysis of the current COVID-19 situation in the United States using graphs and charts.
Based upon that data, next steps in the country’s efforts to slow the spread of the virus are likely to be outlined for the public.
This briefing is a follow-up to Sunday’s announcement that the social distancing recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention would be extended from the initial 15-day period (which expired on Monday) through April 30.
Those CDC recommendations are:
• Avoid social gatherings of 10 or more people.
• Do work and school from home.
• Practice good hygiene, especially hand washing with soap for at least 20 seconds.
• Use drive-thru, pickup or food delivery options.
• Avoid nonessential travel, shopping trips and social visits.
• Do not visit nursing homes or long-term care facilities unless to provide critical help.
• If you work in a critical infrastructure industry, keep your normal work schedule and follow CDC guidance.
• Allow at least six feet of space between you and others when attending to essential errands or duties.
For more information, go to www.coronavirus.gov or www.floridahealthcovid19.gov.