*As of Wednesday, Hurricane Dorian, a Category 2 storm, was moving parallel to the coast of northeastern Florida.
*As of Wednesday, several businesses and government offices were back open.
*As of Wednesday, all ‘Wave 1’ shelters closed at noon.
*As of Tuesday afternoon, all bridges and causeways to the barrier island were reopen.
*As of Tuesday afternoon, the mandatory evacuation was lifted.
Here is a list of the current openings for businesses and government offices. This story will be updated as more openings are announced.
- County government offices under the Board of County Commissioners including utilities is back open.
- The cities of Sebastian, Vero Beach and Fellsmere are open.
- The Tax Collector’s office is back open.
- The Supervisor of Elections’ Office is back open.
- The Intergenerational Recreation Center is back open.
- The North County Aquatic Center and Gifford Aquatic Center are back open.
- The Indian River County Landfill and all five customer convenience centers are back open.
- Commercial and residential garbage/yard waste services have resumed.
- All airports are back open.
- Animal services have resumed.
- The mainland parks and fairgrounds are back open.
- All hospitals and libraries are open.
- Goline transit has resumed normal hours.
Here is a list of services and offices still closed
- The Indian River County Property Appraiser’s Office, will reopen Thursday
- The Clerk of the Courts Office, will reopen Thursday
- The Health Department, will reopen Thursday
- The Sandridge Golf Course, will reopen Thursday
- The Shooting Range, will reopen Thursday
- County beaches, including the city of Vero, are closed for erosion and structural damage assessment. Will reopen Thursday.
- All Indian River State College campuses will reopen Thursday.
Those who want more information on anything related to Hurricane Dorian should call the Indian River County Emergency Services hotline at 772-226-4000.