Bachelor of Science Accounting student members of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program at Indian River State College (IRSC) are offering free tax return preparation for individuals or families in the community starting Thursday, Feb. 7.
Income tax assistance will be available, Feb. 7, 14, 28, March 7, 14, 28, and April 4.
VITA services are available from 2-7 p.m., and volunteers can be found in Room B-119 on the IRSC Main Campus located at 3209 Virginia Ave. in Fort Pierce.
Those with an income of $54,000 or less for 2018 are eligible to participate in VITA services.
Participants in the free tax assistance program must bring the following information:
- Photo identification
- Social security cards or ITIN’s for the individual, spouse and any dependents
- Birth dates for all individuals on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package, if received
- Proof of medical insurance, if applicable
- Form W-2, W-2G or 1099-R from all employers
- Form 1099 for interest and dividend statements from banks
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns, if available
- Bank routing and account numbers for direct deposit
- Other information about income and expenses
- Total paid for day care along with day care provider’s identification number
- Additionally, both spouses must be present to e-file a married filing joint tax return.
Contact Crystal Carlson-Myer at email@example.com or 772-462- 7489 for more information about eligibility and services.