VERO BEACH – The Fielden Institute for Lifelong Learning at Indian River State College invites new subscribers to enjoy its 2017-2018 season of experts and educators speaking on current issues.
The lecture series focuses on subjects in foreign policy, the environment, education, health and the economy. Lectures at the Mueller Campus in Vero Beach are at 9:30 p.m. and at the Chastain Campus in Stuart at 3 p.m.
Lectures are offered once a month, December through April, at the IRSC Vero Beach and Stuart campuses.
The schedule is as follows:
- Dec. 14: Dr. Brad Kay presents, “The Wonderous World of Microbes; The Good, Bad and Not-So-Ugly.”
- Jan. 11: Professor Marshall Kapp presents, “What are Washington and Tallahassee Doing to My Healthcare?”
- Feb. 8: Dr. Jonathan Keller presents, “Stem Cell Research and Therapy- Promises and Challenges.”
- March 8: Dr. Judith Bilsky presents, “A System Under Fire: The Future of Higher Education in Florida.”
- April 12: Dr. Cathy Rosenbaum presents, “Medical Marijuana: Is That Cannabis Dragon Really Magical.”
The Distinguished Lecture Series is sponsored by the Ray and Peg Hirvonen Charitable Foundation. Series subscriptions are $150 for all five lectures. If available, individual lecture seats are offered at $35 one week prior to each of the lectures.
For more information or to subscribe by phone, call 772-462-7880, or subscribe online at www.irscfoundation.org.