VERO BEACH – McKee Botanical Garden’s Book Club will gather for its first meeting of the 2017-2018 season on Thursday, Nov. 16, at 11 a.m. in the Library at McKee. The club will continue to meet the third Thursday of each month at 11 a.m. in the Library at McKee, except in December. Here is the list of titles and meeting dates:
- Thursday, Nov. 16 – The Year of Necessary Lies by Kris Radish and Death in the Everglades by Stuart B. McIver
- Thursday, Jan. 18 – Unearthed: Love, Acceptance, and Other Lessons from an Abandoned Garden by Alexandra Risen
- Thursday, Feb. 15 – The Atomic Weight of Love by Elizabeth J. Church
- Thursday, March 15 – The Wood for the Trees: One Man’s Long View of Nature by Richard Fortey
- Thursday, April 19 – A Garden of Marvels: How We Discovered that Flowers Have Sex, Leaves Eat Air, and Other Secrets of Plants by Ruth Kassinger
Books can be purchased at the Vero Beach Book Center. Be sure to mention that you are part of McKee’s Botanical Book Club to receive 10 percent off your purchase.
Anyone is welcome to participate in McKee’s Botanical Book Club. There is no cost for McKee members and a $5 donation to the Garden is suggested for non-members.
Call 772-794-0601 for more information.
McKee Botanical Garden is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit-organization whose mission is to nurture and enhance a historic garden in a unique tropical setting for the education, enjoyment and enrichment of all. McKee Botanical Garden is located at 350 US 1 in Vero Beach.
Hours of Operation and Admission Rates are: Tuesday – Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday Noon to 5 p.m. The Garden is closed on Monday, except where noted for special events.
Admission is $10 Adults, $9 Seniors, $5 Children ages 3-12 through Oct. 30 for non-members. Admission is free for McKee members and children under 3.