INDIAN RIVER COUNTY — The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce, in cooperation with SCORE, will sponsor a free workshop to discuss the “Affordable Care Act and What It Means to Your Business” on Wednesday, June 17, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. at the Chamber of Commerce. The Chamber is located at 1216 21st Street in historic downtown Vero Beach.
This workshop presented by Douglas Ragan of Compass Health insurance will cover the following topics:
• Discussion of regulations and what they mean to your small business.
• Tax penalties for not having the essential benefits per the Affordable Care Act (ACA), both from an individual and business standpoint.
• Why you need to educate your employees about the ACA
• Subsides to assist you with health care costs
• Tax credits for small businesses
• Why you need to enroll using the Marketplace and SHOP
• How to get help and what you as a small business owner or manager need to do to be in compliance.
While there is no fee to participate in the workshop, due to limited seating reservations are required. Register at treasurecoast.score.org. Call the Chamber at (772) 567-3491 for additional information.
The Indian River County Chamber of Commerce serves Vero Beach and surrounding Indian River County representing the business community for nearly 100-years by providing services, benefits and leadership for positive growth and change.