VERO BEACH – The Humane Society of Vero Beach and Indian River County is seeking local artists for a new art show this fall. “Art for Animals” is a wonderful opportunity for artists, to display their talents and sell their work.
The show will be held at the Humane Society Shelter, 6230 77th St. in Vero Beach and will open for a private preview from Noon to 5 p.m. Friday, Nov. 25 followed by a public viewing Saturday, Nov. 26 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The show is open to any Indian River County artist who portrays domestic animals or native Florida wildlife in their work. Artists may enter up to three pieces of art and agree to an entry fee of $10 for each piece plus a 10% commission on any sales to be donated to the Humane Society. Applications to participate in the show are due by 5 p.m. Monday, Nov. 1.
The work will be viewed by an expected audience of as many as 800 people over the three days including most of the shelter’s major donors, the members of the Big Paws Society, who will be previewing the show that Friday evening.
The event will benefit both the artists and the doggies, kitties, rabbits, pigs and birds who need our help.
EXHIBIT RULES: (Absolutely no exceptions)
1. Original artwork only. No reproductions.
2. The subject must be domestic pet(s) or native Florida wildlife.
3. Non-refundable entry fee: $10 per entry (limit 3 pieces per artist)
4. All works must be for sale and completed within the last two years. A minimum commission of 10% will be collected by the Humane Society. The artist can choose to designate a higher commission rate up to 100%.
5. No entry may exceed 43″ in any direction including the frame.
6. Two dimensional works must be framed or gallery wrapped, in new condition, and ready to hang with wire. No saw-toothed hangers.
7. Three-dimensional works must include a substantial pedestal base.
8. The Humane Society reserves the right to reject any entries deemed inappropriate or improperly presented.
The Humane Society will make an effort to protect exhibited artwork, but cannot accept liability for loss or damage. Artists entering this exhibit acknowledge and accept this as a condition of entry.
For an application or additional information, call Tim Swift at (772) 388-3826.