VERO BEACH — The Association of Fundraising Professionals – Indian River Chapter (AFP-IR) will host a National Philanthropy Day Workshop at 8 a.m. Thursday, April 28 in the PNC Community Room on Ocean Drive.
During the workshop, you will receive the following valuable tools for developing a strong nomination for the 2011 National Philanthropy Day awards:
• Learn about changes that have been made to the nomination process.
• Insight into identifying, approaching and stewarding your nominee
• Overview of the mentoring support available to you in writing a strong nomination
• Deeper understanding of the benefits to your organization and your donors in submitting a nomination to National Philanthropy Day – especially during a year when stewardship plays such a critical role in fund development
• Helpful tips from those who have written successful National Philanthropy Day nominations about how they researched, wrote and perfected their submissions
• Insight on how to steward donors through the process of nomination
• The purpose of National Philanthropy Day as a recognition opportunity not only for the award recipients but all of the honorees and their nominating organizations
• How developing a National Philanthropy Day submission can hone skills that will translate into future grant writing success