VERO BEACH — The left wing of Vero Beach Elementary School was evacuated a few minutes before school was to let out for the afternoon.
Someone at the school pulled the fire alarm after noticing smoke inside the school.
According to Indian River County Fire Rescue Spokesman Brian Burkeen, the smoke came from an air conditioning fan that malfunctioned. He said there was no fire.
Emergency responders are working to clear the school before allowing students to return to their classrooms.
This article will be updated as more information