Woman airlifted to Orlando burn center after flash fire on stove

INDIAN RIVER COUNTY – A south county woman was airlifted to a burn center in Orlando Tuesday afternoon after receiving burns to her face while cooking.

Fire Chief Brian Nolan said a flash fire occurred on the woman’s stove, causing the burns.

The fire happened at the home on the 600 block of 40th Avenue, southeast of 43rd Avenue and 8th Street, at 4 p.m. Three fire engines, a ladder truck and two medical units responded, Nolan said.

Damage from the flash fire was contained to the kitchen area of the house.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment