Crews put out apartment fire on 19th Street in Vero

VERO BEACH — Emergency crews are on scene at an apartment fire on 19th Street in Vero Beach between 20th and 21st avenues. Within minutes, the fire had been extinguished.

The fire was apparently started by a candle that fell to the floor, authorities said.

The call came in shortly after 5:30 p.m. Monday that there were flames coming out of a bedroom.

A 19-year-old woman reportedly had soot in her throat, according to dispatchers.  An infant, too, was in the apartment. Whether the child sustained any injuries was not known.

The extent of the damage to the apartment was not immediately known.

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Related Articles

Leave a Comment